VAT SERVICES DORSET
Let me help you manage your VAT returns
VAT can be a daunting experience, to say the least. Unfortunately, the UK’s taxation system is complicated and requires dedication and knowledge to get it right.
I am able to provide a stress-free approach to dealing with and filing your VAT. For a comprehensive service that provides assurances that your affairs are taken care of please give me a call and discuss.
I offer a range of bookkeeping services in the Dorset area including VAT returns and management.
Do you need to be VAT Registered?
The VAT threshold is currently at £85,000 in England and Wales. This means that your business can earn £85,000 before you need to register for VAT
You must register for VAT if:
- your total VAT taxable turnover for the last 12 months was over £85,000 (the VAT threshold)
- you expect your turnover to go over £85,000 in the next 30 days
If you exceeded the threshold in the last 12 months
You must register if, by the end of any month, your total VAT taxable turnover for the last 12 months was over £85,000.
You have to register within 30 days of the end of the month when you went over the threshold. Your effective date of registration is the first day of the second month after you go over the threshold.
Calculate your turnover
Your turnover is the total value of everything you sell that is not exempt from VAT. It also includes:
- zero-rated goods
- goods you hired or loaned to customers
- business goods used for personal reasons
- goods you bartered, part-exchanged or gave as gifts
- services you received from businesses in other countries that you had to ‘reverse charge’
- building work over £100,000 your business did for itself
However, if you’re unsure and have not been trading for long, don’t panic. Simply give me a call and I will help guide you through it and discuss the benefits of my VAT Services Dorset, or if you instruct me to manage your books, I will take control of the process for you, leaving you free to get on with making money!
So why not call me today
Get in touch