Every business by law must ‘keep the books’ – hence the term bookkeeping. But what do you know about bookkeepers? Ever wondered:
- What tasks they do every day?
- Why they are highly sought-after?
- What opportunities there are for qualified bookkeepers?
Good bookkeeping is essential business maintenance. In short, a bookkeeper keeps track of monies coming into and out of the business. By maintaining accurate financial records, bookkeepers help SMEs and micro businesses:
- Prepare for year-end tax and VAT returns
- Keep on top of day-to-day cash flow
- Efficiently run their finances
Traditionally, bookkeepers kept paper records of business transactions. Today, a bookkeeper’s tasks are diverse and highly sophisticated – requiring skilled knowledge.